Mystery Letter: Justice Police will Never Find Lacey Gaines Killer
Lacey Gaines was brutally murdered by someone police say she probably knew. Her death in December 2009 took place in her apartment. No signs of forced entry or even a struggle were found.
Two days later, a letter was sent to victim advocates Robin Sax and Susan Murphy Milano. Lacey had reached out to both women while she was being abused by her former boyfriend Daniel Sanchez. The letter was unsigned and begged police to keep his/her name out of this out of fear from the people mentioned in it. There are some very serious allegations made in this letter which was sent to police by Lacey’s Aunt Cherry Simpson. I am only including some of the parts of the letter. Other parts, the writer wrote, would identify them to people potentially involved with Lacey’s murder. Here are some excerpts. Sunset Lakes Apartments is where Lacey lived and where she was murdered. She worked for the management company of the apartments at one point.
Dec 9, 2009
To Whom It May Concern:
Here is some information on a few people Lacey worked with at Park Management (the agency that manages Sunset Lakes Apts in Justice, IL.), Some of it may be relevant to the investigation but only if used by others investigating the case, NOT the Justice Police dept.
1. I had never met Lacey but was acquainted with Joe Getto, the property owner, John Getto, property manager/rental agent, and Irene Dawes, property manager/rental agent. I had also met Gino, another office/maintenance employee. At one time, there were two offices. One on the property and the other in Palos Park. There no longer is a listing for the Palos Park often. Joe Getto also lives in Palos Park, IL. I believe the street name is Burberry.
2. Joe Getto is a multi~millionaire who owns other properties besides Sunset Lakes, where Lacey was murdered. Joe had been married to and separated from his wife, Lynn, for many years. I believe they are now divorced. Joe, who is approximately 53 years old has been involved with many women that are half his age and younger. He has referred to them as “strays”. Irene Dawes, the inner property manager, is about the same age as Joe. At one time, Irene had set Joe up with her daughter (about 25 years younger than Joe) and the two began an affair. When Joe ended it, Irene stood by Joe and her daughter cut all ties to both of them. I was told that Joeʼs wife (or ex-wife) will have nothing to do with him because ‘He f_ _ks children” (supposedly her words).
3. Irene left the company abruptly in July or August of 2009. I believe she currently lives in F la. Lacey had been hired sometime in June 2009. I did not know that Lacey lived on the property and don’t know if Lacey had anything to do with Irene’s sudden departure.
4. John Getto, Joe’s brother, works as Lc property manager/rental agent. He also resides at Sunset Lakes in unit #304 in the same building the office is located in. John is approximately 50 years old and has never been married. Prior to coming back to work for Joe, he lived with a woman named Kathy. Kathy and her husband had won the lotto (I believe it was several million) before she met John. With her winnings, sha opened a Pizzeria called Corleones which is located on Roberts Rd. in Justice, IL. John helped her run the business. She left her husband, and she and John moved in together.
5. John Getto served time a while ago (I believe for robbery) and recently completed his five year probation. John ended the relationship with Kathy when he began working for Joe around June 2008, John does not pay income tax on the salary paid by Joe. I’m not sure which office employees do or do not.
6. Both Joe and John are narcissists, in the truest sense of the word. Both are very demeaning to women but can also be very charismatic. They seem to possess a sense of entitlement and they are extremely prejudiced against blacks as well as most other races.
7. Gino (donʼt know his last name) is a relative of a woman who once worked for the Gettos. Gino was married in 2008 but the marriage lasted less than a year. I had heard that during his separation, he was living with his sisters In one of the blogs, it was mentioned that Lacey`s new boyfriend, Juan, was living with his sisters. This seemed coincidental to me.
8. In September 2009, I was told that “supposedly” Joe fired Lacey because she was allegedly having an affair with one of her office coworkers. I did not know that she continued to live on the property after she was fired.
9. I was told of Lacey`s death in Jan 2010 by “someone” who worked with her. This person said Lacey was very sexually promiscuous and was involved with several men that she worked with, including office workers, maintenance men. and security guards (off-duty policemen). This person also said Lacey was allegedly spreading sexually transmitted diseases. “The someone” speculated that whoever killed her had probably contracted an STD which had been passed onto a wife or girlfriend. Gino’s name was mentioned. However, later this same person said it was probably an illegal alien that killed her and fled back to Mexico.
11. After learning of her death, I did some research and abound that nothing had been in the local papers (except the Des Plaines Valley News) or on local news channels. When I mentioned this to “the someone”, I was told that the Justice Police Department had placed flyers all over the area. No one that I spoke to in the area had seen them. I was then told that the Justice Police Department is incompetent and will probably never find the killer, I had read in the blogs that “Juan, the alleged boyfriend” had found Lacey but since he didn’t speak English, he had an English-speaking man call 911. The call was anonymous. “The someone” told me a woman had called 911.
12. There is another woman that worked with Lacey at Sunset. I believe her name is Lynn and she also serves in the military. There is also another Getto brother that lives at Sunset. His name is Steve Getto. I was told he: was diagnosed with bipolar disorder several years ago. I think he lived in the same building as Lacey.
13. I hope some of this information may be helpful. I am risking my own safety as well as my famiIyʼs by providing this information. My gut feeling is that the Justice Police were paid off and are covering for someone. But that is purely speculation and I could be way off base.
And just for good measure, here is a review of the Sunset Lakes Apartments written by a tenant shortly after Lacey’s murder.
Bernita – 01/30/10
I live here currently and I am moving starting monday. This place is a complete dump and needs to be torn down or they need new management! im hope those of you still trapped here make it out the ghetto soon….lolBernita – 01/30/10
oh and lets not forget the murder that occured almost 2 months ago. A young lady was killed in her own apartment by the maintenance man……
Posted on December 20, 2011, in Cold Cases, Crime, Domestic Violence, Lacey Gaines, Murder and tagged Cold Cases, Domestic Violence, Illinois, Justice, Lacey Gaines. Bookmark the permalink. 16 Comments.